The CAC is accepting applications for the position of Outreach Specialist. There are currently two openings available.
Title: Outreach Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $12 / hour, up to 20 hours per week
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Outreach Specialist engages individuals and groups in the community to educate and inform about Peer Support and Recovery.
- Engages individuals and groups to support the development of local support groups.
- Travels to a variety of locations within the community.
- Works in collaboration with the other program staff and partners to identify agencies to conduct outreach;
- Maintains personal wellness;
- Works with the Regional Resource Centers to identify support group needs and provide support as needed
- Facilitates group trainings
- Engages and works with mental health centers every quarter to educate clinicians and staff around issues of peer support and recovery;
- Completes detailed written record of activities;
- Reports to and meets with supervisor on a regular basis;
- Attends trainings as required and assigned by supervisor; and
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a resident of the State of Kansas
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the Kansas State mental health and/or substance abuse system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advocacy, self-help and empowerment programs for recipients of mental health and substance use services.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to engage individuals in a variety of settings with a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to convey information about complex issues to individuals in a variety of settings.
- Ability to complete basic documentation requirements regarding work activities.
- Flexible schedule occasionally including evenings and week-ends.
- Must have own vehicle, clean driving record, and adequate automobile insurance coverage.
- Must have internet/email access.
- Lived experience with the mental health and/or substance abuse service system.
If you are interested in applying for this position, fill out the application (link below) and return to the CAC. Applications can be sent via email to melissapatrickkansascacorg or mailed to PO Box 56, Wichita, KS 67201.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY (TUESDAY) JANUARY 2ND, 2018.
For questions you may contact Koleen Garrison, Interim Co-Director at (620) 639-1258 or Melissa Patrick, Interim Co-Director at (316) 312-3479.
The Kansas Consumer Advisory Council for Adult Mental Health, Inc. is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information.