Gary Parker passed on the following:
The Governor’s Mental Health Services Planning Council (GMHSPC) has set its calendar for 2012. The council is going to be meeting at several various places across the state. If a meeting is in your area, or if you would like to attend any meeting, the full council meetings are open to the public. All meeting times are from 9 – 3.
The council has met all across the state at different locations. Each year, they are required to do a site visit at a Community Mental Health Center and a State Hospital.
Here is the proposed calendar and locations (subject to change):
- February 9, 2012, Topeka, SRS Learning Center, Room D
- April – Date to be established for secretary reports, Topeka
- June 8, 2012, Pawnee Mental Health Center, Manhattan, KS
- August 10, 2012, Wyandot Mental Health Center/Rainbow State Hospital, Kansas City
- October 12, 2012, Larned State Hospital, Larned
- December 7, 2012, Topeka
Hope to see some of you at the meetings!